Design Principles | Final Compilation

 

FINAL COMPILATION

WEEK 1 - WEEK 7
TIMEFRAME: JAN 9 - FEB 24






EXERCISE: DESIGN 1

Fig 1.1 Main Attraction


EXERCISE: DESIGN 2

Fig 1.2 Death by Breath


PROJECT 1: SELF PORTRAIT

Fig 1.3 Self Portrait


FINAL PROJECT: VISUAL ANALYSIS

Fig 1.4 Bomb Voyage

FINAL REFLECTION

During my time in the Design Principles module from (January 10 – February 24) was an enriching experience. I have learned so many great things about design, for instance in the exercise I have different types of design principles which range from Gestalt Theory, Contrast, Emphasis, Balance, Repetition, Movement, Harmony, Unity, Symbols, Word and Image. Most of them I am already aware of them before, but Gestalt Theory is new concept that I haven’t heard about it until now.

Project 1: Self Portrait is the topic that I enjoy the most out of the three projects because I got the opportunity express my true feelings, and it is fun coming up with fresh ideas for my concept sketches. I know for the fact; we are supposed to create Self-Portrait in our style, but I didn’t know that we are supposed to add in a feature that represents our selves.

One of my least favorites of the module is the final project, where I have to conduct a visual analysis on the artwork that will influence my design. One of the most difficult parts is researching an illustration that must linked to a choose goal of the United Nations, which pretty rare to find a decent one. Moreover, I have written a paragraph that is around 300 words requirement. I often struggle on the writing part because there are some aspects of the image I choose has not much to elaborate on. Despite that I find the visual analysis frustrating, allow me to realize that I need to brush up on observation skills and judgement skills in order to understand the artist intention on the artwork.

There are areas on the module that need to be improve on such as how is the blog going to be structured because when I write my blog, I feel the structure is disorganize.

Comments