Digital Photography and Imaging | Week 12

22.6.2023 (Week 12)
Caitlin Ong Lynn Dee / 0343801 / Bachelor of Design (Honour) in Creative Media
Digital Photography and Imaging
Week 12 Blog 


LECTURE

Week 12 is consultation week for our final project. Mr. Yusoff reviewed our progress, and we have to make some adjustments.

TUTORIAL

No Tutorial

PRATICAL

Progression Check

Inspiration

I decided to make the animation centered around my personal struggles growing up. One of my personal struggles is that as I grew older, I started to obsess with perfectionism due to academic pressure. I look through some pictures on the internet to create mood board, but I struggle to find one because the pictures didn't give me the appropriate concept that I was looking for. 

When I watch an interview of MADSAKI a Japanese American artist, his point of view of creating his craft is interesting. I stated that he finds perfect art boring. Which means he doesn't care his art look ugly or crude, I find it refreshing to hear, and it fit with my theme of my project, So I decided to use one of his art pieces as the main inspiration.

 Fig 1.1 MADASAKI'S Interview (24/6/2023)


Fig 1.2 MADASAK'S Artwork (24/6/2023)


Mood board 
I found some pictures on the Pinterest these are the best I could find because it I find I difficult to find the right one that suit the theme of my work. i select only 3 pictures for inspiration.

Fig 2.1 Mood board picture from Picture (19/6/2023)


3 Selected pictures for a mood board
Fig 2.1 Three Selected Mood board picture (19/6/2023)


Sketches
I draw a rough sketch of my ideas. I explain to Mr. Yussof the meaning behind my drawings and what are the features present in my drawing represent. 

Sketch 1:
I intended to take a full body picture of myself in pajamas, and I planned to have a crude drawing of my face. The phrase Picture Perfect, represents me being a perfectionist. The pajamas represent my innocence. The crude drawing displays my state of mind that I tend to weigh the importance of being a perfectionist to my wellbeing.

Sketch 2:
I envisioned taking a head shot, wearing 3D glasses. The 3D glasses give an impression of my narrow point of view that life in the movies is reflected in real life. The rain clouds represent the negative effects I have had throughout my life.

Mr. Yusoff like idea of 3D glasses in Sketch 2 and advise me not to think so much on the meaning because it is up the viewer's opinion.

Fig 2.2 Left: Sketch 1; Right: Sketch 2 (19/6/2023)


REFERNCE


BLOG LINKS

Weekly Blog:
(Week 2) 
(Week 5)
(Week 7)
(Week 11)
(Week 13)

Project Blog:

Comments