Digital Photography and Imaging | Week 13

29.6.2023 (Week 13)
Caitlin Ong Lynn Dee / 0343801 / Bachelor of Design (Honour) in Creative Media
Digital Photography and Imaging
Week 13 Blog 


LECTURE

Week 13 is a public holiday. That is week was supposed to be the final project submission, but Mr. Yusoff decided to extend the deadline. He told us to balance our composition by having at least 50% of photography elements and try not to animate to much movement in order to maintain the aesthetics of photography.

TUTORIAL

Mr. Yusoff send us those videos to help us understand to Advance features of After Effects

Video 1: How to Change the Blend Mode in 10 Seconds | Adobe After Effects CC by Bounce Colour



Video 2: How to Remove Green Screen Video Background in Adobe After Effects CC by Justin Odinsho


Video 3 How to use After Effects Puppet Tool | Under 3 minutes. by MengL33 




PRATICAL

Draft 
Originally, I planned to use the 3D glasses as a projector. I then decided to scrap the 3D glasses idea in favor of anaglyph effect. I then decided to have the tone of the poster in a whimsical style, by having bright and cheerful colors as background. 

Idea Inspiration
I then understand from Mr Yusoff that he prefers realistic images thus it was a challenge to encapsulate MASAKI's influence in my art piece. I researched a little more on perfectionism, my personality trait and I stumbled upon the book written by Sara Shepard. I then incorporated the roses motive to highlight that I look at the world through rose tinted glasses. 

Fig 1.1 The Perfectionists Book Cover by Sara Shepard (29/6/2023)



Images Used for Draft 1

Fig 1.2 Original Photo (29/6/2023)


Fig 1.3 Image used for Draft (29/6/2023)


Draft #1
I was working on the composition on A4 but then I found out that is required to be 1080 x 1920px, so I change the size.

Fig 2.1 Progress of Draft A4 Size (29/6/2023)

Fig 2.4 Progress of Draft 1080 x 1920 Size (29/6/2023)


Final
The background from the drafts did not suit my personality very well, I felt the roses in the backgound and the bright colours are too loud for me. I then decided to change the tone of the backgound to a more claasical rococo art style. I then switched the roses from the backgound to the clouds. I incoporated crude drawings on the raindrops to make reference to MASAKI's work. 

Images Used for Final 

Fig 3.1 Images used in Photoshop (1/7/2023)


Fig 3.2 Shape of the Cloud Refence (1/7/2023)


Adjustment Layer Comparision

Fig 3.3 Adjustment Layer & Filter Comparison: Left: Before, Right: After (1/7/2023)


Final Poster
Fig 3.4 "Cut by a Rose" (1/7/2023)


After Effects Animation Process

Fig 5.1 Step 1: Keyframe of the anaglyph effect

Fig 5.2 Step 2: Keyframe of the anaglyph effect of the Head lid

Fig 5.3 Step 3: Keyframe of cloud

Fig 5.3 Step 4: Keyframe of Head lid movement 

Fig 5.4 Step 5: Keyframe of Raindrops

Fig 5.5 Step 5: Keyframe of Raindrops part 2

Fig 5.5 Step 5: Keyframe of Raindrops part 3


Final Video 
After completing my poster on Photoshop, I then imported my poster to Aftereffects to animate it. I originally intended to have the top of my head to spiral off, but I realized Mr. Yusoff is not in favour of too much animation, thus I decided to have the top of my head fly off like a rocket. Once the top of my head is opened then the water droplets drizzle into my head. 


Fig 6.1 "Cut by a Rose" Video 


BLOG LINKS

Weekly Blog:
(Week 2) 
(Week 5)
(Week 7)
(Week 11)
(Week 13)

Project Blog:

Comments